I’m not one of those people who often hear from God clearly and specifically.
But one Sunday morning early in our marriage, God whispered in my heart that I had children who would not be born of my body. Adoption has become a passion, not simply because we love children or care about orphans, but because we adore the God who saves the needy (us!), and adopted us as His children when we thought we had no hope.
Some of the links below are directly about adoption. Others are issues that became dear to my heart after adoption opened my eyes, such as racial harmony.
- Why It’s Irresponsible to Stop Talking about Race
- White Savior Complex: Missions, Adoption, and Advocacy
- Free Book about Racial Issues and Christianity
- The Powerful Beauty of Natural Hair (and not chasing Caucasian ideals)
- What a Black Christian Woman Says about Diversity
- Celebrating Color in a World that is Not Blind
- The Powerful Beauty of Natural Hair
- Humor, Hair, and Bonding with Your Adopted Child
- African Hair Advice
Our Time in Uganda
- To read about our time in Uganda, look in the archives at the months of February and March of 2011.
- Our Happy Ending
- The Old Has Passed
- Positive Court Ruling!
- 12 Luxuries I Shouldn’t Take for Granted
Life After Adopting
- Adjusting: It Gets Easier
- First Mother (a painfully honest post about jealousy towards Amelia’s other mother)
- My Baby Slapped Me in the Face (Amelia’s Rest)
Other Adoption Posts
- Adopting Because of Infertility Isn’t an Inferior Motive
- A Cry for Ethical Adoption
- HIV/AIDS and Adoption Series