- I’m not becoming a home blogger. Although I will piddle in it. The main point of this blog is faith and pointing to God’s goodness. That (main) part won’t go away. In the meantime, if I paint a wall, or recover a chair, or find a cool toilet paper holder, I’m probably also bragging about it on here. So there ya go.
- A couple of people pointed out that I left you hanging after dramatically saying I’ve been bleeding through pregnancy. The deal is, I think everything is okay, but I haven’t seen a doctor yet. I’ve bled so much and seen doctors so much that at some point, I’d far surpassed my allotted extra visits and ultrasounds. But I’m nearly 18 weeks now, stopped bleeding two weeks ago, and am pretty sure I’ve been feeling this little booger kicking away softly in my belly. So I’m feeling good about things. And I see the doctor later today. And I’m hoping we find out whether this is a boy or a girl!
Now, on to smashing things to smithereens.
|Oh boy. Our home on Instagram.|
I should be terrified because we move our lives into this wreck within a few weeks. But truly, as soon as I saw walls, cabinets, floors, and even some ceiling smashed to oblivion, a peace washed over me.
Because every wall and floor smashed is where brand-new ones picked to my liking go in. 🙂
And the floor plan is looking much more spacious.
So, here’s where we are…
- Every floor in the house has been ripped up, except for the bathrooms and laundry room. (The sub-floor needs to be replaced in a couple of rooms. We can hopefully get that done this week.)
- The brick column and upper cabinets have been removed from the kitchen.
- The ceiling in the family room is demoed – for several reasons. But I’m excited because this will allow us to add can lights.
- The big wall of doors and windows in the family room have been removed.
- The wall between the kitchen and family room has been mostly removed.
- All wood paneling in the kitchen and family rooms have been demolished.(Sheet rock, please!)
Give me a minute to inhale, exhale… sometimes the sight of all that destruction can freak me out a bit!
And don’t worry, it should be several weeks before I have another house post for you. I won’t bombard you with more… yet. 🙂
Don’t want to miss a new post?
Click here to have each new post delivered to your inbox.
Click here to subscribe to the RSS feed.