Happy New Year!
Last year, I wrote an angry post blasting 2011 for appearing without our promised daughter. Oops. Sorry, 2011. You did, in fact, bring Amelia home. Hehe. This January 1st, I fed my TWO girls a pancake breakfast before loading the TWO of them in the car to go to church. What a difference a year makes. 🙂
I have to say that I am happier with who I am today than with who I was a year ago. I’ve had quite a few victories this year. I’m not sure what my last year’s resolutions were, but I know that this year, I love God’s Word ten times more than I did last year, and FINALLY am in the Bible consistently. I am gaining an understanding of what it means to let God be my strength when I don’t have enough, and it’s enabled me to serve more and fathom SOME DAY finally following God’s voice wherever He leads.
Of course, it’s not all improvement… I’ve lost a lot of the raw spiritual passion and dependence on God that came with the painful wait we were enduring last year, and I’d love to get that reliance on Him and absolute fervor back. I do not want to grow cold. I can feel comfort seeping in to every area of my life, and I see spiritual red flags waving wildly.
On a lighter note, I forgive myself for the ten pounds I put on this year because
- This time last last year, I was depressed about Amelia not being home and was half starving myself… the happy me can’t compete with that 🙂
- despite the ten pounds, I am healthier by far this year with my new running routine, and
- I just like me better these days, even when my exterior isn’t what it used to be.
Don’t get me wrong. I still have some fitness resolutions in mind. 🙂 I just won’t hate myself if I don’t keep them.
- one niece and one nephew born!
- ridiculous adoption delays culminated in a travel date to get Amelia!
- 3 weeks in Uganda, a million small miracles, bringing Amelia home to a sister who loves her as much as we do
- my dad finds out he has a slew of heart problems, has surgery, and then has 2 strokes
- my dads recovery is miraculous (but keep praying for even more recovery!) and he even goes back to work!
- my brother, sister-in-law, nephew, and niece move home from Japan
- a million new possibilities in store for 2012…