Changes in me since I started running:
- more energy (finally! the first couple of weeks running = NO energy)
- a sudden interest in WATER (I used to go days without drinking water; gross I know)
- weight GAIN of 2 lbs. Grrrr.
- legs looking slightly more toned
- still frustrated trying to fit running into the schedule while keeping my God-given priorities straight
Run 11, Oct 22 – Best run since I was a student at AU. 4 miles, outdoors, mostly uphill, at a much improved pace of 11:15. (I know, it's still slow! Let's focus on the positive!) I jammed the entire time to Mumford and Sons, which makes me feel like I am actually in tune with culture. I am not actually in tune with culture, but my cooler-than-me sister introduced me to them while our dad was in the hospital. Anytime I am into ANYTHING from the past half-decade, I feel pretty big-headed and with it. So let's just say I was full of myself during this run. Oh yeah.
Run 13, Oct 26 – Yikes! I'm not superstitious, but my 13th run was seriously the unlucky 13! Runs 2 through 12, I've not walked one step. Run 13 – well, let's just say that I told myself 500 times that "a bad run is better than no run" as I ran/walked 3 miles with muscle-aching legs.
Run 15, Oct 29 – Today. 4.5 miles. Outside. WHEN I do this LATER TODAY, it will be my farthest run in four years. Love the milestones!