It looks like we’ve hit yet another 2 to 4 week delay. At this point, our best case scenario would be to leave for Uganda sometime between MID November or early December. Agh!!! I want to hold our little girl!
Remember the good ole days when we would easily travel by June of 2010? In fact, we were rocking along so quickly that we slowed down our process!! Then we found out that we would travel by the end of the summer, then September, then early November. I never thought our prayer would be to meet our little girl before the end of 2010! I figured we’d be LONG home by then!
I am thankful that our agency keeps us informed instead of letting these delays blind-side us. I am also thankful for a sympathetic case worker who knows our pain as she is waiting to adopt her own child.
As much as I want to complain, one major upside comes to mind… if I am apart from Caroline over Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, she at least will be surrounded by many family members who will have time off work and help keep her smiling. Not to mention that I’ll have a few paid days of holiday that will help with my leave. (Let’s just not even talk about how I’ll feel to be separated from Brad and Caroline during Christmas!)
We love you, sweet Amelia!!! Once we hold you, you’ll soon forget we were ever apart!