Frustrating news on the adoption front… our expected travel date has been moved back – yet again. We are now looking at traveling in early November. When we applied to adopt in May of 2009, we expected to take our time with the adoption process and travel in early June of this year. Ugh… waiting is so hard.
Of course, this delay causes my mind to wander. Will there be more delays? Will our adoption be finalized before 2011? Caroline has seen two birthdays since we sought adoption… will she see a third before our little one is home?
When I first read our November news, I cried as my heart fell to the floor. Our earliest hope is to travel in FOUR MONTHS!? That’s almost half of an entire pregnancy. We’ve ALREADY waited 14 months!
But God is sustaining us. He is comforting us.
“We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him” (Rom 8:28) … so God, work this delay for the good! Because of this EXTRA 4 month wait…
- Let our faith in You be 4 times stronger.
- Let our unification with this child be 4 times sweeter.
- Let the relationship between Caroline and her sibling be 4 times closer.
- Let our family bond to this baby 4 times more naturally.
- Let the glory You get through this adoption be 4 times greater.
- Let our path for the future be 4 times purer.
- Let our relationships with friends and family be 4 times deeper, as we now get to spend a summer near my parents, and be in the U.S. when our nephew is born, and be in the wedding of some of our best friends.
Let ALL aspects of our walk with You, and ALL aspects of our daily lives be BETTER by FAR … not IN SPITE OF this delay, but BECAUSE of it. Work ALL THINGS for good!