We have two incredible pieces of adoption news!!!
- Our home study is complete!!! Our awesome social worker finished it before Christmas, but we weren’t financially ready for the portion of payments that must be turned in before it can be sent to DHR. But today, my mom is personally carrying our check to their office, and it will go in the mail TODAY!! This is a HUGE milestone. Next step? Start applying for grants & loans! (if you didn’t know, grant/loan applications can’t be turned in until the home study is complete.)
- Check out our ticker… if all goes as we hope, then we have UNDER 5 months before we leave for Uganda. Under 5 months before we hold our sweet baby!!!! My heart flutters just to think about it. Could it really be so close!?!?!
We are so excited! Please be in prayer for EVERY bit of our process!!! Here are some things you can pray for:
- that God CONTINUE to use this adoption to turn our view of Him, His love, and this world up-side down
- for our preparation as parents (spiritually, emotionally, practically)
- for the well being of our child, as (s)he is almost definitely born, yet not in our arms — (S)he is surely suffering some form of loss of birth parents right now.
- for us to trust in God’s perfect timing, regardless of bumps we may face
- for the huge financial mountains to become flattened by God’s power
- for us to grow in boldness & wisdom of how to share the gospel through conversations about this adoption
- for us to learn how to play a greater role in orphan advocacy — a distinctively gospel-centered, Christian role
Thank you for all of your love & prayers!!!