We got some adoption news that made me nervous yesterday. Our goal is to travel in the summer so Caroline can stay with my mom, who is a school teacher, while we’re gone about 4 weeks. I want her in one safe, consistent, & loving place while we’re gone. I won’t have her shuffled around when she will already have a hard enough time being left.
We’d recently put our adoption on hold to focus on building our house & the CPA exam, realizing that we could do this & still travel in June. What we failed to do was first take care of fingerprinting for FBI clearance and for Child Abuse & Neglect clearance (CANs).
So yesterday we realilzed we’re in a time crunch. These fingerprints clear anywhere between two to four months of sending them. If ours clear in two, & if the rest of the process goes as smoothly as possible, then there is a chance we could still travel in June. If it takes four months, we wouldn’t leave until mid-August. This is when my mom starts school.
It makes me nervous. But God will work His plan. Maybe He’ll work it out how we hope, or maybe He has a plan that is far better — though scarier– than what we planned for ourselves.
Sorry about the spelling errors. I am in a rush today! Please say a prayer for us.
Please pray that our delay won’t make the adoption process more difficult on Caroline while we leave her for Uganda. Please pray that we go to get our child at exactly the moment God lovingly planned.