Woohoo! I found a blog about a couple CURRENTLY in Uganda going through the court process of adopting 2 children, and it gives me a better idea of what our timeline MAY be like when we go in early June. Here’s how theirs is playing out:
- Day 1, Oct. 23 – Fly out. They only got word to fly the DAY before!
- Day 2, Oct. 24 – Arrive after 29 1/2 hour trip (from Canada).
- Day 5, Oct. 27 – 1st court date for 1st child. (They waited for hours for the late judge, & there was a lot of legal arguing that scared them until their lawyer said he thought it had all gone very well!)
- Day 6, Oct 28 – 1st court date for 2nd child.
- Day 14ish?? – Wife leaves to go take care of children at home, while husband stays with children in Uganda
- Day 18, Nov 9 – (Today) They EXPECT to receive their final rulings on both children. We’ll watch to see what happens!
- They’ll be waiting on their visas to leave the country, from what I understand. It sounded like they’re praying to leave within a week after Nov 9 court ruling???